Important note about property inspections during COVID-19
For health and safety reasons virtual inspections are preferred during this time where possible
Ensuring the health and safety of you, your tenant and our team during this time is our absolute priority. As such, we are conducting virtual inspections of properties (as opposed to physical inspections) where it is possible to do so, and where we believe there will be no disadvantage whatsoever to you as our client.
Commercial properties will still mostly require inspection.
Your property can still be inspected where it is necessary/appropriate
Providing that appropriate hygiene and distancing protocols are in place, your property can still be inspected by a single inspector.
Where inspections are necessary to ensure the best result, our inspector will liaise directly with your tenant beforehand to ensure that:
- No person who lives in the property has tested positive to coronavirus, or has been in contact with anyone who has tested positive to coronavirus, or has been unwell in any manner within the previous 2 weeks;
- The property is as tidy as possible to allow maximum space for thoroughfare through the property, allowing for as much distancing as possible;
- That all doors are open and lights are switched on to avoid the inspector having to touch door handles and light switches;
- Where possible, the residents wait outside of the property whilst the inspection occurs (one person can remain inside if preferred, so long as appropriate distancing is maintained);
You can also be assured of our inspectors that they:
- Have not tested positive for coronavirus, or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or have been unwell in any way in the previous 2 weeks (our inspectors are required to report on this to management daily);
- Have been properly self-isolating per government requirements for the 2 weeks prior to your property inspection (with the exception of likely attendance to other property inspections);
- Will wash their hands thoroughly (or use a hand sanitiser) before and after entering the property;
- Will not touch anything in the property (or will wipe down with disinfectant any surface they have touched);
- Will complete the inspection as efficiently as possible;
- Will wear appropriate protective equipment such as mask and gloves, and will remove shoes where possible.
Whilst all adhering to all necessary protocols will minimise risk to all people involved, please remember that an inspector will typically visit multiple properties in a day and a week. During this time, we recommend that physical inspections only be conducted where necessary, and that you first speak with us about the potential for a virtual inspection. We strongly recommend that properties with tenants over the age of 65, or with compromised health are not inspected during this time.
Thousands of happy investors recommend our depreciation services every year!
“I have worked with Capital Claims over the last few years and have at all times found them to be the ultimate professionals. The quality of the reports produced and the speed of service is second to none. I continue to work with his organisation because they offer excellent value for money and exceptional customer service. I would highly recommend anyone considering the preparation of a depreciation report to get in touch with Capital Claims. Salena Kulkarni”
Salena KulkarniPhoenix Wealth Group / Principal
“Capital Claims in Canberra made obtaining a tax depreciation schedule effortless. I did not need to organise anything, and the report was excellent value. I wish I had known earlier what they could do for my investment property!”
Kellin KristoffersonArtisan Law / Director
“Very professional and turnaround time to get the reports have been fantastic - would recommend them to all our clients.”
Gay SpoonerKey Real Estate / Director
“Very friendly, personal service & efficient provision of reports. Definitely 5 stars.”
Maria EdwardsPeter Blackshaw Woden and Weston Creek / Leasing and Business Development Manager
“I have used Capital Claims Tax Depreciation for 2 of my properties. One located in Queanbeyan and the other down the coast. CCTP were able to accommodate both locations. Sean and the team were particularly helpful with our elderly resident at our coastal property showing plenty of patience. The reports were professional,thorough and easy to follow and well worth the cost. If you have an investment property - you need CCTD to keep you up to date.”
Brian HunterDizzy Office Furniture Dexion Canberra / Director
“As an Accountant I found Capital Claims professional, priced well and very efficient. There reports are first class. My client was also happy with the service and report. Michael O'Hehir RSM”
Michael O’HehirRSM / Principal
“White Rhino Property is extremely happy with the continued service that Capital Claims provides us and our clients. We never hesitate to recommend them, as we find Capital Claims to be professional, knowledgeable and efficient. Chelsea van Zyl”
Chelsea van ZylWhite Rhino Property / Director of Property Management
“Here at Sidcor; we have had the pleasure of developing a great working relationship with Mark and the team at Capital Claims, they believe in providing a premium service that benefits both ourselves and our clients. Their knowledge and applied experience has assisted many of our clients improve their after tax position. Whilst we have found the Capital Claims team to have a detailed approach to preparing depreciation reports; we have also found their ability to look at the whole picture allows us to assist our clients with their property portfolios and wealth creation. We have always found their strong focus on delivering upon their promises a valuable asset that aligns seamlessly with our own philosophy of delivering impeccable customer service. As a partner in business, Capital Claims adds an extra dimension to our professional services and as such we can confidently recommend their services to professionals and property investors alike.”
Paul SiderovskiSiDCOR Chartered Accountants / Director
“Mark and the team have outstanding customer service standards and are very responsive on all matters. Importantly, the Capital Claims team have been able to deliver great results for our clients, which makes us look good. We have had numerous occasions where the expertise from Mark and the team has delivered thousands of dollars worth of tax refunds on properties for clients whom had previously been advised there was no point in having a schedule prepared.”
Warwick JacksonBerkmans Chartered Accountants / Director